Migrant Resource Center(MRC) Keng Tong
Mawk Kon Local Development Organization
Migrant Resource Center(MRC) (Keng Tung) was opened in 2014 with the help of the International Labour Organization (ILO). According to the data analysis of the immigration department, Shan State is the highest rate of immigrants. MRC was established to give those immigrants information about labour rights, safe migration and contacts of support services. Since the beginning of this project, June, we provide safe migration awareness to more than 5000 people in the 38 village tracts of Keng Tung township.
At MRC, we provide the following services,
- Provide spaces for women to be empowered through open discussions, training and activities raising women negotiation skills, increasing awareness of gender discriminations.
- Provide counselling services on safe labour migration to migrant workers at the MRC, via outreach by phone or through social media.
- Disseminate information through the MRC and outreach.
- Organize public events for safe migration campaign.
- Organize regular training on Pre-departure.
- Organize outreach activities on safe migration awareness
- Provide monthly training on financial education for women of potential and returned migrant workers.
- Provide regular life skill training to women, youth and potential migrant workers.
- Hold consultations with local authorities, employment agencies, CSOs to discuss health and low problems and update information.
Contact as below
Qt(3),Myo Thit Yart , Khart Htar Street , Keng Tung
Ph-084 - 23943 , 0949033423 , 095252486
e-mail: [email protected]
Facebook Page: Mawk Kon Local Development Organization
Labour Exchange Office(Keng Tung)-084-21152
Anti-Trafficking Task Force(Keng Tung)-084-23461